If you are expecting your business to be more profitable, you can try switching to Digital Signage Solution, but it shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. You are living in the age of information technology. The means of communication and marketing are changing every day. On a typical day, you can easily notice tons of signs and display ads in front of you, but how many you actually notice!
Do you know you can build your own Digital Signage System for cheap?
Gone are the days when you have to rely on a print ad or chalkboards for marketing. You can now welcome your customers with customized messages using the digital screens. You might be wondering if it's a hassle to build such a system for cheap.
Read on for more information.
Tips On Building Your Digital Signage System for Cheap
Of course, your digital signage installation can look like TV with USB stick connected. This way looks as a cheapest one, but believe us, it doesn’t make sense, when you’re trying to create a communication tool, which should be reliable, easy updatable and remotely controlled.
So, if you’re looking for something affordable, but still effective, it's possible to use a low-cost domestic TV (for example, Android TVs work nicely for that purpose); cheap media players, like Firestick, and cloud-based digital signage software with monthly or annual SaaS mode payments. It might sound overwhelming, but it would be easy for you.
Things You'll Need
- LCD screen;
- Wall brackets (to hang the screen on the wall);
- Media player (hardware or software);
- PC or tablet;
- Wireless Network;
- Digital signage software;
- Eye-catching content.
You can use an Android TV as you can easily afford it. More than it, most of the modern digital signage software solutions have Android app players available right in the Google Play Store. Accordingly, to turn your Android TV into the digital signage you won’t need to use any external hardware players. Just choose your software and install its app player on your TV. Thus, you get two components of a system ready-to-go with only one hardware item, which is cost-effective and which undoubtedly simplifies maintenance process. It's important, when you want to use the right tools for the growth of your business. After all, you want your business to grow and succeed in life.
You can take advantage of the following tips for your digital signage solution:
- The size of the screen has to be based on the viewing distance of the customer, but for the standard setup, as a rule, are used displays of size from 32 to 55 inches. In case you’re going to use external media player, make sure the screen has HDMI input.
- You can connect a media player to your LCD screen in case chosen software doesn’t support its OS or your TV doesn’t have an OS at all. It uses the player component of the software. Your message would be displayed to the target audience through the LCD screen.
- You will need the PC or tablet in order to use the CMS software component and via the wireless network, it can help in conveying your message to the LCD screen. Depending on the solution it can be PC-based or web-based content management system. Surely, web-based option is simpler and more flexible, because you can use it with any PCs at any time and from anywhere. Also, as a rule, it comes within the cloud-based solutions, which are cheaper and easier than the on-premises option, that is more suitable for huge enterprise deployments.
Choosing a software, take a closer look at the providers, which let an opportunity to try their solution for free within 14 or 30 days. So, you’ll be able to make stress testing and learn all the software features before making a purchase decision.
Content for Cheap Digital Signage System
Although you are trying to build an affordable solution especially if you are a small business, the content doesn't have to be cheap. You can create the type of content that your audience prefers. You can hire a suitable copywriter to write a good copy for your business.
You can take advantage of a content writer to take amazing content for your audience. You can do a little research on what your customers like and prefer the most. Based on the data, you can plan a message.
The following tips can help with the content:
- It's possible to take advantage of a variety of tools available online such as Canva, Adobe Illustrator, or maybe Google Slides. It depends on your preferences. The purpose of using such tools is to make your business stand out in the crowd. You are trying to get a competitive edge.
Choose a software, where you can create some types of engaging content right in the CMS. For example, you’ll be able to add weather or RSS widgets into the specific areas of your TV or to create full-screen dynamic infotainment content based on the news feeds and social media. In case you’re going to install touch monitors, look for the software, which supports HTML5 and gives you an ability to design your own interactive scenarios right inside your personal account without any additional coding.
- Understand your audience and convey a clear message. Effective communication is the key. Your audience is an integral part of the system. The purpose of the content is to impress your customer to buy something you are selling through your small business.
- Use statistics in the content. Use client testimonials where necessary. You can create content based on the needs of the sector.
- You have to keep the context in mind. It would be based on the sector and the location. The purpose of the content is to engage your audience so that they can turn into your customers.
- Make sure the slides are not changing too quickly on the screen. You have to keep yourself in the shoes of your customer and then think accordingly.
- It's possible to display dynamic and relevant content on your digital signage system. Based on the current circumstances, it would be possible for you to create content that's suitable for the well-being and success of your business.
- It's possible to use videos, animations, and a lot more. Modern-day marketing tools are quite and the best part is that it's cheap.
- Use images of high quality to display content relevant to your business. It can help your audience to connect with you. You can take the images from your smartphone or maybe use free-of-charge images. In any case, it would be affordable.
You can take advantage of the tips mentioned above. You can create the content for your business or hire someone at an affordable price to do it for you. In any case, you can take advantage of this modern tool for cheap! The goal here is to get the content that's cheap and yet effective. Usually, if the content is cheap then it's hard to result in conversions. Nowadays, people have a short attention span and they are looking for solutions and answers. Your content in the virtual world can be a ray of hope for some people. So, if you are a small business, you can definitely build a digital signage system that's affordable and if you already own all the items then it can be free for you!
Wrapping It Up
You are living in the era of modernization and information technology. Although some businesses are still relying on the old means of marketing, many are gradually moving to digital signage! It's an advertising method of the modern age that helps you create broadcasting from the comfort of your home. You can easily display your message to a potential audience. It doesn't have to be expensive as you can create a cheap digital signage system for your business. The goal is to keep pace with the fast-changing world and grab the attention of your customers. When you are a small business, it would be hard for you to invest in tools that are suitable for commercial areas. As a beginner, you would like to get something cheap and affordable, but still effective. Take advantage of the tips above and see if it helps your business. Let others know about it too!