To access the multi-user screen, click on the people icon in the upper navigation bar. On this page you can add or remove users, as well as set up their access rights in Look CMS.
Adding a new user
1. To add a new user, click the Add user button in the page navigation bar.
2. In the modal window that opens, enter the Email address of a new user, assign access rights and click the Send invite button. Access rights can be configured and changed later.
3. After you send the invitation, the user will appear in the list as unconfirmed. To complete the registration process, the new user needs to click on the link that should come to the Email address specified in paragraph 2.
4. By clicking on the link from the invitation Email message, it is required to come up with a new password, specify a name and click the Sign up button.
If a user already has an active Look CMS account, he/she cannot be added as a new user with the same Email address that was registered earlier. In this case, the user can register with a different Email address.
Roles and their limitations
Look CMS has three main user roles:
- Administrator is a user who initially incorporated the company. Administrator has unlimited access rights and cannot be deleted or restricted in any way.
- Moderator is an invited user who has permission to edit at least one block.
- Guest is an invited user who does not have any editing rights. This user can perform viewing only.
All users have access in the viewing mode to the following functions: Screens, Content, Playlists, Layouts, and Company Settings. For each of these functions, a user can be provided editing rights. Billing and Users are initially hidden from viewing. Access to these functions can be enabled in two modes: view only or view and edit. Access to Statistics can only be enabled in the view mode.
- Screens – an access to edit all screen settings or screen groups. Ability to add and remove screens and groups. Ability to add and remove playlists for screens or screen groups.
- Content - access to edit any content or application settings. Adding and removing units of content and applications.
- Playlists - editing playlists and corresponding settings, an ability to add and remove content and applications inside playlists, an ability to add and remove playlists.
- Layouts - editing, adding and removing layouts.
- Company settings - an ability to edit any company settings.
- Billing - an ability to change a billing plan, manage subscription and top up the balance.
- Users - access to the settings of user rights of other users, an ability to add and remove users (except for the administrator).
User access rights settings
- To set up or change user rights, go to the Users page and click on the card of the user whose rights you want to edit.
- The settings for the selected user will open in the right side panel. To change them, simply turn on or off a corresponding toggle switches and click the Save button.
- To delete a user, click the Delete user button and confirm deletion in the opened modal window.
If you do not have access rights to edit user settings, they will be displayed as a non-editable list.